Welcome to the Online Law Library of the Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Inc.
On this page you will find audio and video recordings describing how to obtain help if you are facing certain types of legal problems. These recordings can help you learn how to keep legal problems from happening, and can also tell you where to turn if you do need help.
The recordings will automatically play in a separate window when you click on them.
PLEASE NOTE: These recordings are for general information only. They do not give you legal advice about your particular legal problem. To get advice about a legal problem, you should talk to a lawyer. Because the law is always changing, check this site often for the most updated copy of our recordings.
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Spanish)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Bosnian)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Vietnamese)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Russian)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Burmese)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Karen)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Maay-Maay)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Arabic)
- What is Legal Aid and How Legal Aid Can Help You (Somali)
- What is domestic violence?
- What should I do in an emergency?
- How can I stay safe?
- What is an order of protection?
- What if I am not in the U.S. legally?
- Local Hotline Numbers
**Domestic violence recordings #1, 2 and 3 were adapted from "You Deserve to be Safe and Healthy in Your Relationship", ©2000 by the Family Violence Prevention Fund (now "Futures Without Violence") and used by permission.
- What is SSI?
- Do I have to be low-income?
- What if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
- What if I came to the U.S. after August 22, 1996?
- What if I become a U.S. Citizen?
- Is there a time limit on SSI?
- What if I can't understand the letters I get from Social Security?
- What if I get turned down for SSI?
Getting Your Security Deposit Back
|Please note that the following information only applies in the following counties in New York State: Broome, Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Otsego.
For information on this topic in other states and/or counties, click on the following link: http://www.lawhelp.org
- Can I get my security deposit back before I move out?
- When does the landlord have to give my deposit back?
- Can the landlord keep all or part of my security deposit?
- What can I do if the landlord won't give my security deposit back?
- Can Legal Aid represent me in small claims court?
- How do I represent myself in small claims court?
- When is it better to go to mediation instead of court?
- How can I protect my rights in the future?
Audio Recordings In Other Languages
- Audio Recordings In Spanish
- Audio Recordings In Bosnian
- Audio Recordings In Vietnamese
- Audio Recordings In Russian
- Audio Recordings In Burmese
- Audio Recordings In Karen
- Audio Recordings In Maay-Maay
- Audio Recordings In Arabic
- Audio Recordings In Somali
Help Us Improve This Website
Please complete a short survey to help us improve this website.